The purpose of this interactive page is to practice the technique described in my blog article
How to Do Cube Roots of 9 Digit Numbers in Your Head.
- The number shown is the cube of a randomly selected 3 digit number (i.e. from 100 to 999).
- Click on any one of the squares to the right of where it says "Answer:", and then you can
enter a digit of the answer (by typing it).
- You can use backspace or delete to delete a digit, and you can use left and right arrow keys to
move from one digit position to another. (Note: the backspace and delete keys don't work in Opera.)
- When you have entered all three digits, you will get either a congratulatory message, if you
were right, or you will get an explanation of what you did wrong.
- Even after finishing, you can continue to update the digits (for example to see what happens
if you correct a wrong digit).
- Or, you can press the "Try New Cube Root" button to start again with a new number.