Submit Links For Me To Put On My Links Page
Please submit any link which you feel might be of interest
to readers of this website.
I will add all submitted links to the links page,
as long as they are not inappropriate. (I reserve the right to define "inappropriate"
anyway I like, but my initial intention is to accept all submitted links that are not actually damaging to me or to my website or to the interests of my readers. I also reserve the
right to change my acceptance policies at any time.)
The bottom line is that I want to be quite liberal in what I accept.
(I do reserve the right to limit the number of link submissions that I consider from
any individual submitter, so make sure to send your best ones first.)
Quality Control: Better Links at the Top of the Page
Links that I consider to be "better", or more interesting, will be placed higher up on the links page.
Links can be "interesting" because they relate to some topic dealt with on my website,
or just because they might be interesting to the sort of person interested in what's on my website.
Links that are already well-known are likely to be of less interest.
How to Submit a Link
To submit a link, do the following:
- Compose an email to submissions [at] thinkinghard.com.
- In the email, explain that you are submitting a link.
- Include the actual link.
- Optionally include a solution to the spam filter problem, which is "What is 73 × 5?".
- Optionally include a title and description (which I reserve the right to edit, because it's my links page).
- Optionally include an explanation of why you think the link might be of interest to readers of my website, which might include a reference to one or more pages on my website.
- Include a line saying "Submitted by <your name>" (with an optional URL) if you wish to be credited as the submitter of the link. (Or say if you want it to be anonymous.)
I will attempt to read and where possible post all submitted links as soon as I reasonably can. Also I will endeavour to respond to all submissions with a reply email.
For each sufficiently interesting link I will create an individual "discussion page", where I write something about what I think about that linked page, which will include a Disqus link so that other readers can discuss the linked page.
If there's something you really want to say about a link which doesn't yet have a discussion page, and you weren't the original submitter of the link, you can send me an email saying that you think I should create a discussion page for that link so that you can discuss it via Disqus.